To access our virtual learning resources via Google classroom, click here. Policies and virtual learning expectations are clearly detailed within each individual classroom.
- Our ambitious curriculum has been constructed and designed to give all pupils the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- The curriculum includes statutory elements from the national curriculum and adaptations for our children at Beech Hyde.
- Our curriculum is planned and sequenced by building on prior learning and developing skills for future learning.
- The curriculum is adapted and developed to be ambitious and meet the needs of pupils with SEND, developing their knowledge, skills and abilities to apply what they know and can do with increasing fluency and independence. We value academic, technical or vocational ambitions for all learners.
- All Pupils study the full curriculum and the full range of primary subjects.
- Leaders provide support for teaching the range of subjects in the primary curriculum.
- Teachers enthusiastically present subject matter and promote appropriate discussion about the subjects being taught. They check pupils’ understanding systematically, identify misconceptions accurately and provide clear, direct feedback.
- Our teaching is designed to help pupils to remember long term the content they have been taught and to integrate new knowledge into larger concepts.
- Teachers and leaders use assessment well to check understanding and inform teaching.
- The school has ambitious intentions for a coherently planned curriculum, sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for future learning.
- Teachers create an environment that allows the learner to focus on learning.
- The work given to pupils is challenging and matches the aims of the curriculum.
- Our reading curriculum develops pupils’ fluency, confidence and enjoyment in reading. At all stages, reading attainment is assessed and gaps are addressed for all pupils.
- Teachers ensure that their own speaking, listening, writing and reading of English support pupils in developing their language and vocabulary well.
- Pupils develop knowledge and skills across the curriculum so that they are ready for the next stage of education.